1. Press CTRL+ALT+DEL to open Task Manager.
2. On the Processes tab, locate the Winword.exe file.
3. To quit Word 2003 (in the background), select the Winword.exe file, and then click End Process.
4. Click Yes when you receive the following message:
WARNING: Terminating a process can cause undesired results including loss of data and system instability. The process will not be given the chance to save its state or data before it is terminated. Are you sure you want to terminate the process?
To prevent these problems and to edit an Accelerator for Proposals document in Word 2003, follow these steps: 1. Open your Proposals Library in Internet Explorer.
2. On your Proposals Home page, click Shared Documents (under Working with Documents).
3. Click the down-arrow (Edit) for the document that you want to edit, and then click Edit in Microsoft Office Word.
4. Make the changes that you want in your Accelerator for Proposals document.
5. On the Document Actions task pane, click Save and Notify.