Method 1: Open a blank home page in Internet Explorer 7
Test Internet Explorer 7 by opening a blank home page. To do this, follow these steps: 1. Click Start, click Run, type iexplore about:blank, and then click OK.
2. If Internet Explorer starts correctly, examine the home page that is set in the Internet Options dialog box.
3. Note the home page setting, and then click Use Blank to set the default Web page to “about:blank.”
4. Close, and then reopen Internet Explorer to test whether it will open when the home page is set to “about:blank.”
Method 2: Remove temporary Internet files, browsing history, and Web form data
To do this, follow these steps:1. On the Tools menu, click Internet Options.
2. In the Internet Options dialog box, under Browsing history, click Delete.
3. In the Delete Browsing History dialog box, use the appropriate options to remove temporary Internet files, browsing history, and Web form data.
4. Click Close, and then click OK.
Method 3: Start Internet Explorer 7 in "Internet Explorer (No Add-ons)" mode
To do this, Click Start, point to All Programs, point to Accessories, point to System Tools, and then click Internet Explorer (No Add-ons).
Note If the issue does not occur after you use this method, use the Manage Add-ons option in the Tools menu to determine which add-ons are causing the issue.
Method 4: Reset Internet Explorer settings
To do this, click Reset on the Advanced tab of the Internet Options dialog box.