To make Window Photo Gallery display images by using GDI, you must create a specific registry key and value. To do this, follow these steps:
1. Click Start, type regedit in the Start Search box, and then click regedit.exe in the Programs list.
If you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type your password or click Continue.
2. Locate and then click the following registry subkey:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows Photo Gallery
3. On the Edit menu, point to New, and then click Key.
4. Type Viewer as the name of the new entry, and then press ENTER.
5. On the Edit menu, point to New, and then click DWORD (32-bit) Value.
6. In the right pane, type ForceSoftwareRender as the name of the new entry, and then press ENTER.
7. In the right pane, double-click the ForceSoftwareRender entry.
8. In the Value data box, type 1, and then click OK.
9. Exit Registry Editor, and then restart the computer.